This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiantEagleDelivers #CollectiveBias
I am so excited to be teaming up with Giant Eagle Curbside Express to talk about how to get your New Year's health goals back on track. January is a tough month - it's freezing outside, the holidays are over, the house is a mess because the kids are home more because school keeps on canceling - it can be a hard time of year to be diligent about health and fitness goals. Having your groceries delivered is insanely convenient. Can you say, life changing? Having a stocked fridge full of real foods is crucial when you want to start the new year off right regarding health. It's all about setting yourself up for success and if your fridge is full of fresh foods, you are more likely to eat healthier all winter long!
I have seen grocery delivery services advertised before but I never gave it a chance. Finally, after the holidays, I thought I would give it a try. With Curbside Express through Giant Eagle, you can shop online whenever you want - even after the kids are asleep! I placed my order at like 11:30 PM on the couch while catching up on Fixer Upper (I know, I should have been asleep!) Giant Eagle employs personal shoppers who pick your groceries - they got my order completely correct which was awesome. Another awesome perk was that I was able to try it for free. Yes, the fee was waived for the first order.
Giant Eagle makes it easy to stock your kitchen full of the right food choices - you can find anything you need in that store! I particularly love to buy our produce there. The fresh greens and the fruit always stay so fresh in the fridge. There is nothing worse than dragging two kids out in the cold, going to the store, buying groceries and then getting home and realizing that the produce is bad. Drives me crazy! I always have good luck at Giant Eagle which is a huge relief.
The Curbside Express website is super easy to use. I loved how easy it was to search for specific items!
If you have New Year's health goals for this year, I want to give you some tips regarding how to keep the momentum going. I see it al the time - the gym is packed in January and dwindles down to us regulars by March. Many people have the best intentions to completely change their health and fitness habits but get burned out really quick. It doesn't have to be like that!
Here are my tips on how to get your New Year's health goals back on track:
- Don't Aim for Perfection - Set realistic goals. Don't set yourself up for failure by setting goals that are way too hard to reach. However, be specific about your goals. "Walk 10K steps a day, 4 days a week," "Go to gym 3 nights a week after work," "cook at home 4 nights a week." Without specific goals, it is really easy to fall off track.
- Be Accountable to Someone Else - Tell a health coach (pick me, pick me!), a friend and/or a friend what your health and fitness goals are for the new year. Writing down your goals and telling someone else, makes you more likely to follow through on them! Accountability is everything when you want to make big changes.
- Eat at Home More Often - Eating at home is going to be healthier than eating out. When we stay home we tend to not overeat as much. We are better at controlling our portions. No time to go grocery shopping? Try Giant Eagle Curbside Express. It will save you tons of time.
- Stock Up on Fruit and Veggies and Cut them Up - If you buy them, they will eat them. If you buy fresh apples and pomegranate seeds and a fresh cantaloupe and cut it up, I bet your family will eat it all up! If you buy kale, cut it up and store it in containers so it is ready to go when you make eggs, stir-fry, soups and casseroles. Add greens to everything! I put greens in Green Monster Burgers, Spanish Rice, Spaghetti Shells, Horseradish Kale Salmon Patties, etc.
- Schedule Exercise Time - Yes, put it in your calendar like you do your dentist appointments and your car tune-ups. Your exercise time is SO important for your health. Make it a priority. No excuses!
- Get More Sleep - Set up your new year with new sleep habits. Try to take a hot bath before bed to calm yourself down. Find ways to help yourself get more sleep - turn off the TV before bed. Try to limit screen time at night.
- Make Your Own Salad Dressings - I think homemade salad dressings are a great place to start when looking for ways to improve your health. When you look at the ingredients listed in store bought salad dressing, it is appalling! Totally not real food there. I love to puree fruits and veggies and herbs and make my own. Check out my recipe here for Cranberry Orange Salad Dressing.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh orange slices or juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper
- In a medium pot, heat the cranberries, orange zest, maple syrup, and vinegar over medium heat until the cranberries burst, about 8 mins. They will get soft and start to pop.
- Place cranberries in a blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth. Keep in fridge for about a week. Serve over a winter salad and/or use as a marinade.
Giant Eagle makes it super easy to find all the necessary ingredients for a delicious and healthier menu and they will even deliver everything to your front door! No excuses now for healthier eating. I want to be a great example for my girls and show them that I make my health and wellness a priority.
Don't forget to check out Giant Eagle for all of your grilling needs this summer! Check out their Pinterest page for some really great grilling ideas!
Other posts you may like: