Warning: these pictures are pretty embarrassing. I'll laugh if you promise to laugh. Deal.
I do my best to "exercise" everyday. In the past, I thought "exercising" meant hitting the gym, lifting weights, doing push-ups and going for a run. Over the weekend, I went pole dancing for my sister's bachelorette party. This was a first for me. Holy cow. All I have to say is that I have a new respect for strippers.
I am still sore. 5 days later, my arms are hard to move and I still have bruises on my feet. Yes, I smashed my ankles on the pole a few too many times.
It worked my abs. Oh my goodness, I used muscles I didn't even know I had.
Pole-dancing taught me a few things about myself:
1. I don't have to "exercise" daily. It doesn't have to be this monotonous, boring regime. I don't have to go to the gym. All I got to do is move my ass and shake my groove thing. I burned some calories.
2. I deserve a girls night out. Yes, I admit that I deal with mama guilt every time I leave Madilyn. However, it felt fabulous to get out with the girls. Madilyn had fun with da-da. Coming home the next day was awesome. She was waiting for me in the doorway screaming, "Mum-Mum!"
3. I need to laugh at myself more often. Maybe I need to wear wigs more often. I tend to take life too seriously. I am not perfect. It is not worth trying to be perfect. What you see is what you get. I will never be a professional pole dancer. Bummer.
4. I am not that sexy (at least not on the pole). Unfortunately, this one is true. Occasionally, I would catch a glimpse of myself in one of the mirrors and be horrified. However, I can find other ways to feel sexy like buying new fabulous high heels. I know, so not practical for chasing around a 17 month old but how hot are they?
5. It was good for me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. Yeah, and pole dancing sure was a new thing for me. I know, you are surprised, right?
After pole dancing, we went out to dinner. For me it's all about balance. Sauteed veggies for an appetizer? Yes please.
Chocolate gooeyness for dessert. Hell yeah. A few bites at least.
What's your favorite way to shake your groove thing? Got any creative exercise ideas?
Oh, enter to win a fabulous pair of earrings from KIST Boutique. Maybe you can wear them pole dancing?