Welcome back for the third and final post of the Christmas Time Stories and Sweets series I am writing with Jess from The Owl's Skull. Last week, I talked about my Spiced Molasses Sunflower Seed Cookies and the week before it was my Banana Chia Chip Cookie Dough/Cookie recipe. Jess has been chatting about her favorite holiday books. Don't forget to enter to win some awesome giveaways. Enter to win at the bottom of this post!
This week, I am baking my favorite holiday cookie, Snickerdoodles.
However, I switched up the original recipe a ton and used only real food ingredients. No white sugar here - Sucanat and raw honey. Finding ways to limit your white sugar intake this time of year is huge on your health!
These cookies can also be an easy breakfast option. They are healthy enough!
Be sure to check out Jess's post, where she is talking about another adorable holiday book, The Night Before Christmas.
Also, check out Jess on Facebook and Instagram. Jess has an amazing outlook on life, motherhood, literature and she is one of those women who you just totally want to be friends with. Yep.
My baking assistant quit half-way to play Barbies. I know, I know - priorities.
Sweets Recipe 3 of 3: Real Food Snickerdoodles
Coconut flour is my new love in baking.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup Sucanat sugar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, butter and oil and mix well. Mix in the coconut flour. Using a cookie scoop, put batter on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon over each cookie. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375F.
I LOVE this coconut flour.
This giveaway includes a copy of one of the books Jess talks about as well as some amazing products from Enjoy Life Foods - 2 bags of Seed and Fruit Mix (one of each flavor) and 4 total grab & go sized (2 of each flavor). These could be eaten as a snack, put on top of oatmeal or yogurt or baked into your favorite holiday cookie recipe! The giveaway will be open until Wednesday, December 17th at 9PM. Enter and spread the holiday love. 🙂
1. To enter the giveaway, you must be a fan of both BMoore Healthy and Alice in East Washington on Facebook. Also, you must be receiving BMoore Healthy's monthly newsletters. Click here to sign up for my newsletter.
2. Use the Rafflecopter tool right here to enter to win. This giveaway is available to US residents only. Good luck! The contest ends Wednesday, December 17th at 9:00 PM. A winner will be announced shortly after that.