Last week I was on vacation in beautiful St. Lucia. Not only did I enjoy the sun and sand, I also enjoyed the buffet, unlimited fruity drinks and late night snacks of chocolate mousse pie. Yes, it was all delicious.
The cool thing about St. Lucia is that the majority of their food supply is grown on the island so getting fresh, local produce, meats and seafood was right at my finger tips. Banana production is their #2 money maker so we enjoyed them daily.
Even though I enjoyed all the yummy food, I did miss getting in the kitchen and getting creative.
Plus, I like being in control of the food I am eating. I like knowing what goes into the dishes.
I kept on having cravings for curry so I did a little searching online and came across this fabulous recipe.
It is so easy. All you have to do is blend the ingredients in a food processor then throw it in the slow cooker. It doesn't get easier than that my friends.
Check out this amazing dish.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 whole onion, peeled And halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 whole green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1-½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1-½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Place chicken cubes inside the slow cooker.
2. Place the ingredients (except cornstarch, water and cilantro) in a food processor bowl and process together until the mix is smooth. Pour sauce mix on top of the chicken, mix well, then close the lid. Cook on low for about 5 hours.
3. An hour before serving, mix together water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is completely disolved. Add to the chicken curry and mix well. Place the lid back on for the rest of the cooking time.
4. Serve on top of steaming brown rice. Decorate with lots of chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
recipe adapted from http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/slow-cooker-coconut-chicken-curry/