I have been asked to cook for a local family. Yes, can you say "Dream Job!" I am so excited. Every week, I am going to spend an entire day at their home and cook them all their meals for the week. Have I done this before? Nope. Did I go to the culinary? Nope.
Do I love to cook? Oh yes. I also love to challenge myself and try something new. I am going for it.
It is so easy to get stuck in a routine. Overtime, you may get bored. I challenge you to challenge yourself. Try something new. Take a moment to think about one thing you could do to challenge yourself. Maybe that one thing could be getting in the kitchen making dinner for your family. Try out this easy recipe.
Lemon Broccoli Chicken over Angel Hair
2 Tbsp Flour, whole wheat
½ tsp Salt, table, divided
¼ tsp Pepper, black, freshly ground
1 lb chicken breast, boneless, cut into strips
2 tsp coconut oil
3 cup(s) Chicken, broth, fat free, reduced-sodium, divided
2 tsp minced garlic
2½ cup(s) Broccoli, uncooked, small florets
zest of one lemon
4 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, chopped
2 Tbsp Juice, lemon, fresh
1. On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
3. Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
4. In a small cup, stir together remaining 2 cup of broth, 1 tablespoon of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
5. Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve over angel hair pasta.
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers.