I have been craving some time to myself. Time to write. Time to just sit. Time to miss being home.
I am a homebody. That is for sure. I find it easier to stay at home with Madilyn compared to filling my calendar with play dates, lunch dates and date nights. Generally, we are a “go with the flow” kinda family. We don’t have much planned on the calendar.
However, this week, something changed for me. I felt this urge to get out of the house, schedule some time with girlfriends, enjoy a coffee by myself at a local coffee shop, and go see a movie with the hubs. I have talked to lots of stay at home mamas and it seems like we all need different amounts of “mama time.”
Yep, we are all different. Some fill their calendars everyday. Some have a play date here or there. Some stay at home all the time.
Regardless if you are a mama or not, I bet you crave time for yourself. It is only natural.
Plus, it is nothing to feel guilty about. Last night, The other night, I spent 3 hours away from home and I felt like a million bucks when I got home. It doesn’t take much. Just make it happen. The only way I can make it happen is if I put it on the calendar and send my hubby a meeting request. Yes, this is one way that we communicate. Hey, whatever works, right?
I brought one of these muffins to the coffee shop and indulged on a $4 iced decaf coffee. Yep, my sanity is worth it.
Fruity Squash Muffins
2 cups shredded yellow squash
1 cup agave
½ cup olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 ½ Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 bananas, mashed
½ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with liners.
2. Mix together the wet ingredients.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry to the wet and stir. May need to add a bit more applesauce if mix seems really dry.
5. Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full with batter. Bake around 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool. Enjoy with a little bit of grass-fed butter. Yummy!