Quick and Easy Kale and Feta Pasta kinda happened by accident but the whole family loved it – even the kiddos. We usually have pasta one night a week and the health coach that I am, I am always looking for ways to get more veggies in my girls – and hubby. We are obsessed with brown rice pasta. We are not 100% gluten free but I try to find ways to reduce wheat around here because we all feel better when we don’t eat too much of it.
This meal kinda happened by mistake. I forgot to take out the frozen spinach so it was hard as a rock during dinner prep time. I was going to make a more traditional Spinach and Feta pasta. I remembered that I had a bunch of fresh kale that we bought from the Strip District the other day. Boom. Kale and Feta pasta.
For protein, I added some toasted pine nuts (I left these out for Juliana since she is allergic to tree nuts). I added a bunch of feta cheese, of course, and sprinkled some hot pepper flakes on the grown-up plates. Everyone loved it and it was so darn easy to make.
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (I used gluten free shells)
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- red pepper flakes, few sprinkles
- Prepare pasta as directed. In the meantime, sauté kale, onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. In a small frying pan, toast the pine nuts until golden brown. Toss the pasta with the kale mixture and the pine nuts. Add the feta cheese. Top with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Dinner doesn’t have to be a long drawn up process. It just needs to be real food. Want an easy way to start adding more dark, leafy greens to your diet? Start here!
Know a mom who does an amazing job? Nominate her here:
Other posts you make like: